Re: Radeon Card refuses to work!

Subject: Re: Radeon Card refuses to work!
From: Iain Stevenson (iain@IainStevenson.com)
Date: Thu Jul 05 2001 - 03:36:25 MDT

... and before you start tinkering with X, make sure:

- you're in runlevel 3 - type 'init 3'
- you edit /etc/inittab and comment out the line that starts X in runlevel 5
(eg x:5:respawn:/etc/X11/prefdm -nodaemon)

You can restore the original settings once X works from the command line.
These simple steps can save you hours of hair tearing!

  Iain