Kernel patching

Subject: Kernel patching
christopher.murtagh@mcgill.ca
Date: Thu Jul 05 2001 - 09:12:48 MDT

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, Hollis wrote:
>Another thing you should know is that YDL kernels are heavily patched.
>"-1k" is a YDL release number; you cannot download it from any source
>other than YDL.

 Hollis, do you know why the 0.90 RAID patches weren't applied to the
2.2.19 kernel? Was it a backwards compatibility, stability or 'oops'
issue? :-)

 I've tried applying the patches myself, with little success. If anyone
here has done so successfully, any info/URL would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh Webmaster / Sysadmin Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada