Re: Kernel compiling

Subject: Re: Kernel compiling
From: Iain Stevenson (iain@IainStevenson.com)
Date: Thu Jul 05 2001 - 13:58:53 MDT

Isak,

Maybe it simply doesn't work! My mileage on kernel experimentation varied
very considerably depending on where I obtained the kernel from. The
various trees out there suffer from varying degrees of integration of
PPC/Mac related code. If you'd like less excitement sticking with the benh
kernel may be better (penguinppc.org/~benh/). My 2.4.4 benh kernel has been
working beautifully for weeks.

  Iain