Installer Does Not Boot - USB failure

Subject: Installer Does Not Boot - USB failure
From: Bob Garrett (bgarrett@purdue.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 05 2001 - 21:02:56 MDT

Hi,

   I am a fairly experienced linux user, and am having troubles installing your new release onto our Mac 7600/200 webserver. I tried both text and X11 ramdisk images. The boot process halts with this error message:

kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k usbdevfs, errno = 2
mounting /proc/bus/usb filesystem... failed

I can't recover from this.
<blink><blink>

So, modprobe failed. Is there a switch I can enter into bootx which will turn this specific "feature" off? Or do I just have to sit and wait a few more weeks until a fix comes out?

Bob

p.s. modprobe will never find a USB on my system - my system is without USB.