Dual Booting osX an YD2.0

Subject: Dual Booting osX an YD2.0
mpople@orbeng.com.au
Date: Thu Jul 05 2001 - 22:14:49 MDT

Hi,
i have just installed YellowDog2.0 and osX on my ibook2, but i am having
problems dual booting them
osX is on hda11
linux on hda14
and i have a boot partition hda12
i have added the macosx=/dev/hda11
the yaboot prompt has the option (x=macosx or something to that effect) but
when i select x the screen flashes and drops back to the yaboot screen
i read that booting into OF and "setenv boot-device hd:11,ofboot.b"
"reset-all" so i did this
it reboots brings up the yaboot screen i choose x again this time it seems
to try to load something but then just hangs on that initial grey
screen?????
i noticed that /dev/hda9 is described as osx_of3_booter is this what i need
to point (OF)boot-device at ? or should (yaboot.conf)macosx= be pointing to
it ?
also if i install osX first then YellowDog, during the install while
installing the boot loader it dosnt give me the option to install it into
the boot partition i created and only gives me the option to install it into
/dev/hda9(osx_of3_booter)????
hopefully someone can help me out
cheers

Mark Pople
Orbital Engine Company
Systems Administrator
94412443
mailto:mpople@orbeng.com.au

Today's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why |
                     -- Hunter S. Thompson |

___________________________________________|

PLEASE TAKE NOTE:

The contents of this email (including any attachments) may be
privileged and confidential. Any unauthorised use of the contents
is expressly prohibited. If you have received this email in error,
please advise us immediately (you can contact us by telephone
on +61 8 9441 2311 by reverse charge) and then permanently
delete this email together with any attachments. We appreciate
your co-operation.

Whilst Orbital endeavours to take reasonable care to ensure
that this email and any attachments are free from viruses or other
defects, Orbital does not represent or warrant that such is explicitly
the case

(C) 2000: Orbital Engine Company (Australia) PTY LTD and its
affiliates