Re: Problems configuring an Appletalk Printer w/ YDL 2.0 (newbie)

Subject: Re: Problems configuring an Appletalk Printer w/ YDL 2.0 (newbie)
From: Stephen Lewis (lewis@napanet.net)
Date: Sat Jul 07 2001 - 10:17:54 MDT

John,
If your printer is called 'unixname' in /etc/printcap and
"My Apple LaserWriter" under AppleTalk then the .paprc file
looks like this (the two lines between the dashes)
# comment line (optional)
My Apple LaserWriter
and you need to put it in:
/var/spool/lpd/unixname
Thats it, this must be documented someplace but I
couldn't find a reference either, there is always
a little magic required :-)

Stephen Lewis