vmlinux-2.4.4-1a file (was Re: location of kernel 2.2.19-1k)

Subject: vmlinux-2.4.4-1a file (was Re: location of kernel 2.2.19-1k)
From: Bacil D. Warren, Lead Programmer (quixotic_raindrop_sw@mac.com)
Date: Sat Jul 07 2001 - 17:56:31 MDT

on 6/26/01 5:27 AM, Gavin Hemphill <hemphill@drea.dnd.ca> is purported to
have said:

> Hollis:
> For those of us running oldworld machines with BootX (installed
> acording to YDL's recommendation - i.e., no quik or whatever since its
> "for experts only", the update process is not seamless, and you do have
> to manually copy the /boot/vmlinux... file). Since the partitioning
> instructions for YDL don't recommend a "transfer" partition (although
> they do recommend making the MacOS partition HFS - which is way too
> expensive if you are planning a dual boot machine with 10 gig of mac),
> most people don't have one, which leaves them scrambling to get a copy
> of the vmlinux over to the mac side.
> I haven't had the problem since I've got a small transfer partition, but
> those that don't would probably appreciate being able to ftp the vmlinux
> from terrasoft.
> G++

According to the HOWTO on the yellowdoglinux.com website, the file
'vmlinux-2.4.4-1a' is available from the ftp server. I'll be a cooked goose
if I can find it, however, and I do not have the option to copy to a Mac OS
Standard vs. Extended -formatted disk. This would be simple if the HOWTO
page included a link to the correct file, or if the FTP site actually had
it.

--
Bacil D. Warren, CNA
Lead Programmer, CEO