Re: Installing YDL 2.0

Subject: Re: Installing YDL 2.0
From: Donovan Warren (aramis_@Bacil.DYNDNS.ORG)
Date: Sat Jul 07 2001 - 22:43:47 MDT

On Saturday 07 July 2001 09:03, downtime null is purported to have said:

> it still just comes up to an icon of a floppy with a flashing "?". is the
> YDL 2.0 cdrom made from the .iso on the YDL site bootable? if not, is there
> some way that i can make one bootable?

Unfortunately, no, not on an Old World ROM box (the 7300, for example).
You'll need a regular Mac OS CDRom, and you'll need to have a Mac OS
partition with a bootable system on it in order to run BootX (at least,
that's my understanding). Deleting all the Mac OS partitions, AFAIK, will not
work on Old World ROM machines.