Adaptec SCSI Cards

Subject: Adaptec SCSI Cards
From: jim (jim@powerpcpro.com)
Date: Sun Jul 08 2001 - 07:22:53 MDT

Has anyone had luck installing yellowdog 2 with an Adaptec 39160 installed?
I have a 9 gig cheetah on it and I am NOT going to use that drive for Linux.
I have an IDE slave drive set-up for that. The problem is that the install
stops when it gets to the 39160 device. I have successfully installed MacOS
X with this set-up, and have made a bootable installer for X with 39160
support. I would have thought that Linux would at least be on par for
supporting such devices. Let me know if it is possible to have this card in
or do I have to remove it. I have Mac OS 9.1 and OS X on the cheetah so it
would be a major pain in the ass to have to take it out, but let me know
just the same.
Regards,
Jim