Re: Problems configuring an Appletalk Printer w/ YDL 2.0 (newbie)

Subject: Re: Problems configuring an Appletalk Printer w/ YDL 2.0 (newbie)
From: John Fuller (johnfuller@usa.com)
Date: Sun Jul 08 2001 - 07:45:44 MDT

Folks,

Feels like I ma getting closer as I have found many resources on the net and
with help from the list but still don't have it. One thing seems to stand
out from samples I have found out there . . . when I do a nbplkup I get
output like this:

localhost:AFPServer 65280.93.254
localhost:netalk 65280.93.4
localhost:workstation 65280.93.4
LaserwriterPro:Laserwriter 1.113.128
etc.

Allthe items found in the lookup start with a 65280 EXCEPT the printer which
starts with a 1. All samples I have seen of similar lookups posted in sundry
areas all start with the same five digit number. What do these numbers
represent and could this be my problem? Is it correctable?

Thanks one more time.

John