ports & USB

Subject: ports & USB
From: Scott Frankel (leknarf@pacbell.net)
Date: Sun Jul 08 2001 - 17:00:20 MDT

How can I tell which port maps to which USB receptical? i.e.: /dev/ttys0,
&tc.

I've got a PowerBook 2000 Pismo and I'd like to connect an external
device (an Agenda PDA) via a serial cable, mated to a USB adaptor.
The Pismo has 2 USB connectors, do these automatically map to
specific "devices"? How can I tell which ones?

Also, when I try to list the contents of /dev/, all file names appear
as a black bar. (Hard to describe, but imagine the ascii equivalent
of a censored image.) Is this some sort of xterm setting I've
unwittingly set?

I'm running Sawfish as my window manager and *do not* have a desktop
environment running.

Thanks
Scott