Re: Apache, PHP, and MySQL

Subject: Re: Apache, PHP, and MySQL
From: manuel (manuel@punto-host.com)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 08:03:56 MDT

on 7/9/01 12:08 AM, Sean O. Denney at sdenney@cise.ufl.edu wrote:

> I'm trying to build Apache with PHP and MySQL. The one problem I am
> stuck at is when I configure PHP, it gives me an error that it could
> not find "lex".
>
> I'm using YDL 1.2.1, and I tried to find this program on the install
> CD (haven't tried the tasty morsels yet).
>
> Can someone tell me if this program exists, and if so where can I get
> it.
>
> Thanks
> --- Sean

Hello:

I had a problem trying to running the PHP that YDL2.0 install when you
install everything. I just was incapable of make it run.

On the other hand Apache run at first.

So What did I do?

- first I reinstalled YDL but choosing the developer workstation option. -
you can't do this only with the office option because you need gcc, bison
and flex-

- second I download the pdf tutorial written by Julie Meloni from her site
    http://www.thickbook.com/extra/index.phtml?t=in

  named: Setup and Install Apache with PHP4 as a Dynamic Module (DSO)

- second I downloaded the source of Apache, PHP and MySQL.
    http://apache.org
    http://php.net
    http://mysql.com

and just following the instructions in the tutorial, I could be able to run
Apache with PHP and MySQL.

Really I don't know why I couldn't run the Apache, PHP and MySQL that came
with YDL2.0 and why there isn't a howto tutorial in YDL web page, but I hope
that this could help to everyone.

Manuel

Note: Sorry about my English. I am learning it by myself.