Re: Problems configuring an Appletalk Printer w/ YDL 2.0 (newbie)

Subject: Re: Problems configuring an Appletalk Printer w/ YDL 2.0 (newbie)
From: root (johnf@massed.net)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 09:24:35 MDT

Stephen,

Getting there but something still missing . . . thanks loads for yuour
patience. When I invoke the pap -p command directly, it works fine and I get
output to the printer .. this is kind of reassuring. When I try the same
using lpr -P lp xxxx.eps (using the same file that I use with pap which
worked), I get nothing and no activity on the hub so no attempt is made. lpq
shows the file in queue but it goes nowhere. What invokes pap? I assuming it
is something in the filter but reading through the masterfilter which is set
up by default is beyond me and I can not tell what it is supposed to be doing.
Frustrating but I am getting closer . . . .

John