RE: cable modem ethernet connection problems

Subject: RE: cable modem ethernet connection problems
From: Brian Waite (bwaite@cspi.com)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 12:52:48 MDT

It sounds like your router is misconfigured. Make you you are forwarding packets to/from the external interface to/from your internal network. It loks like the powerbook is setup ok, at least from what it sounds anyway. Can your roommate get to the outside, I doubt. I don't think you have your router setup correctly. Make sure your routing tables on the router are correct and you have IP forwarding turned on. Start looking on the net for router setup this is where your problem lies.

Thanks
Brian