Re: YDL2 install on a 4400 PPC?

Subject: Re: YDL2 install on a 4400 PPC?
From: Michael Tucker (mtucker@eecs.harvard.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 08:54:13 MDT

Hi Patrick,

  I'm not really clear on where you are having the problem. Just a quick
check, did you do the following:

Boot into MacOS with the CD in the drive and install the BootX package?

Did you reboot the machine and see the BootX window come up after the
MacOS splash screen?

  Do boot into the installer (which is run off linux, not MacOS), you must
first set up BootX and point it at the appropriate installer ramdisk. This
is all done from the MacOS side of things. If you've done all of this,
gotten to the BootX window, hit Linux and THEN had a problem, it's a whole
different story. But if you haven't gotten to the BootX dialog box where
you choose Linux, go back and re-read the installation instructions and
try again. Hope that helps! It seems unlikely (to me) that there would be
a kernel problem, but hey, what do I know :)

Mike