Kernel panic

Subject: Kernel panic
From: Jeff Hester (jeff.hester@rdec.redstone.army.mil)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2001 - 09:46:04 MDT

Hello guys,

I'm having some problems getting YDL 2 to boot up. I've installed it twice
and get the same problems. I didn't see any errors during installation
either time (that is, after I found out that I needed a Zip disk in the
internal drive of my 8600/200 to get it to install).

The error I get is:

"Bringing up interface eth1: Kernel panic: kernel access of bad area pc 0
lr c0120bc0 address 0 tsk ifconfig/318"

After it reboots it says that "/dev/sda10/ was not cleanly mounted, check
forced" and it does a check and then continues to load until it encounters
the error below.

It appears to be something to do with the network. Is this correct? I've
got an add-on ethernet (Adaptec) card for 10/100 and was using this instead
of the built-in 10baseT connection.

Do I need to physically remove the other ethernet card (occupying a PCI
slot)? I hope not because booting into Mac OS I would prefer the faster
speed.

Thanks.