problems starting installer on PowerMac 5500

Subject: problems starting installer on PowerMac 5500
From: cbrislain (cbrislain@telocity.com)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2001 - 18:57:15 MDT

I was able to install Champion Server 1.2.1 on my PowerMac 5500 successfully, and recently purchased YellowDog 2.0. Unfortunately, it seems that no matter what I try I get the first four lines of the installer after choosing <linux> in BootX, and then the screen goes blank. I have tried all combinations of the graphical and text installer in conjunction with turning the video drivers checkbox on and off. All four combinations yield the same result, however, and I am unable to even begin the installer. If anyone has had a similar problem and knows how to fix it, I would be very very happy.

This machine is a PowerPC 250mhz, 96MB RAM with an on-board 2MB ATI RAGE Pro video card. it is an all-in-one model, so the monitor is connected internally to the card

Thanks in advance