Re: problems starting installer on PowerMac 5500

Subject: Re: problems starting installer on PowerMac 5500
From: cbrislain (cbrislain@telocity.com)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2001 - 19:14:33 MDT

update: in case this makes any difference, here is some more information about my system:
SCSI Zip 100 drive, I have tried it with the media in, and then just unplugged it, so that's not the issue
SCSI CDROM that contains the YDL 2.0 install disk
my floppy drive is empty
my HD is partitioned with a 500MB system partition for MacOS, using HFS, another 9GB partition is HFS+ for storing the rest of my MacOS files, and I have 47GB left unformatted for the YellowDog installer.
I have a video input card, but nothing is plugged into it, and I don't think it really makes any difference
I also have 2 NICs, but I don't think that makes a difference either, also both are currently disconnected for installation.