D@mnit, I opened my piehole (WAS: yup and dependencies)

Subject: D@mnit, I opened my piehole (WAS: yup and dependencies)
From: BX (Bitch_Trix@mac.com)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2001 - 22:42:55 MDT

At 14:29 -0700 07/12/01, BX wrote:

>I had that problem on the first yup-date run I did, right after a
>everything install. no idea what was hosed. I did the update and had
>it ignore errors, and it did its thing, updated stuff, and no
>problems with it since.

And no sooner than I say this, i have problems. Going thru this many
times thru several sessions, not a hicup after the first batch of
updates, or other checks to see if i am current, and now I get this:

Reading RPM...
Performing... sanity...
Retriving Distribution info

Unhandled exception in thread
Traceback (innermost last)
       File "/usr/lib/yup/yupurl.py" , line 380 in retr
           Self.session.cwd (self.new_path)
Attribute Error traceback (innermost last)
      File "/usr/sbin/yup/py" , line 29 in ?
           yup.main ( )
      file "/usr/lib/sbin/yup.py" , line 425 in main
           myyupdb.updatedb ( )
      file "/usr/lib/yupDB.py" , line 1271 in updateDB
           self.calllback)
      file"/usr/lib/yuputils.py" , line 58 in retrive
           os.rename (outdir + ' ) / .partial/ ' + outfile, outpath
OSError: [errno 2] no such file or directory

Be aware, i mightve messed up on this, i jotted from my written
notes, and my handwriting sucks, and what should be capitalized might
not be.

Basically, whats hosed, and any clues on how to fix?

I donno squat about Linux, so a decent step thru would be very
helpful, if theres a simple or known cure here. I have no cloo. I can
boot it, run X, compile a few apps, and run BitchX - all I know to do
yet, heh

TIA

--
BX