Compiling RTL82139 module?

Subject: Compiling RTL82139 module?
From: Aake Svensson (aakesve@algonet.se)
Date: Fri Jul 13 2001 - 05:49:26 MDT

I have a problem compiling a new ethernet card driver, rtl8139.c.
With YDL version 1.0.9 was installed but i got version 1.13 of
rtl8139.c from the internet (same author - D. Becker). But trying to
compile it with the command:

gcc -DMODULE -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O6 -c rtl8139.c

i get the following missing files:
linux/config.h
version.h
string.h
asm/processor.h
bitops.h
io.h
and 11 more!

I gather that some include library files are missing but how can I
install them and are they compatible with Mac PPC? Also how do I give
GCC the right include command? No clues for me in the GCC man page.

I'm a newbie, happy that I could install GCC on my "Home Office"
installation of YDL 2.0.

Åke Svensson, PPC 7600, G4/400, Sweden