Re: Ethernet/DHCP

Subject: Re: Ethernet/DHCP
From: Bryn Hughes (linux@demian.shacknet.nu)
Date: Fri Jul 13 2001 - 16:11:42 MDT

Hi Tom,

This isn't quite the 'right' way to do it, but it does work:

go to /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts

Open ifup with your favorite editor

Find this section:

if [ -n "$PUMP" ]; then
        PUMPARGS="-h $DHCPHOSTNAME"
     echo -n "Determining IP information for $DEVICE..."
     if /sbin/pump $PUMPARGS -i $DEVICE ; then
         echo " done."
     else
         echo " failed."
         exit 1
     fi
else

You can set the variable $DHCPHOSTNAME to be your connect ID. I was
only able to get it working by defining the variable inside the ifup
script itself (in fact I just replaced $DHCPHOSTNAME with my actual
client ID).

Hope this helps!

Bryn