Re: Apache Virtual Hosts

Subject: Re: Apache Virtual Hosts
From: Rob Brandt (rbrandt@sbdsl.com)
Date: Sat Jul 14 2001 - 14:32:32 MDT

DNS is being handled by my ISP, BTW.

I asked this question of my ISP last week in preparation - I wanted to
understand how this works. "When I add 'support.csd-bes.net' as a virtual
host, do you need to add a DNS entry for it?" "No, that's handled by
apache", he said. Now, maybe I didn't ask the question right, or maybe he
thought I was talking about something else, or I misunderstood his answer,
but at least it seems I had the right idea. Maybe he thought I was talking
about registering domains.

Now, to clarify, BOTH www.csd-bes.net and support.csd-bes.net are
permanently going to have to same IP address, and the pages that come up
will be determined solely by the name. So my ISP has to add a DNS entry
for support.csd-bes.net. Or is this a kind of DNS I do on my server?

Rob