Re: Netscape Communicator - new version?

Subject: Re: Netscape Communicator - new version?
From: Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Date: Sat Jul 14 2001 - 15:34:24 MDT

> I notice that Netscape Communicator has not been updated for a while
> (the latest version I can find for PPC is v4.73, latest is v4.77).
>
> Mozilla to date still does not support S/MIME - which renders it useless
> as a mail client (for me). Until it does (which does not seem to be
> soon) what support can we expect for Netscape Communicator?

None. Netscape 4.73 was ported by LinuxPPC, Inc. not Netscape, Inc.
Thus, LinuxPPC would have to provide a Netscape update which
they have not had interest in pursuing. Mozilla, Konqueror, and
Opera (www.opera.com) are the best browser options
available for YDL 2.0.

--

Regards, Dan Burcaw Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.