Re: Why can't I log in to FTP?

Subject: Re: Why can't I log in to FTP?
From: Rob Brandt (rbrandt@sbdsl.com)
Date: Sat Jul 14 2001 - 19:29:46 MDT

Here's what I've already done:

I've checked the arguments passed; they include -A, so ftpaccess shouldn't
be used (default setting according to man ftpd)
I've checked that my user is not listed in ftpusers
I've checked that my user is listed in /etc/passwd. The shell is listed as
/bin/bash, which I think is OK.
I don't see an explanation for what ftpgroups does, but I imagine it's the
same as ftpusers but for groups; in any case, it doesn't list any.
ftphosts lists nothing
ftpconversions doesn't seem to have anything to do with allowing/denying.

Rob