Re: How do I add my Epson printer?????

Subject: Re: How do I add my Epson printer?????
From: Jesse McCrosky (mccrosky@ualberta.ca)
Date: Sun Jul 15 2001 - 14:32:23 MDT

The simplest thing to do would be adding the line /sbin/modprobe printer to
the end of /etc/rc.local Or, if you you want the more difficult but, imho,
better solution, recompile your kernel and make sure usb printer support is
compiled in.

As for your path, you should be able to add a line to your ~/.bash_profile
like the following:

export PATH=$PATH:/somewhere/else:/another/place

which will add /somewhere/else and /another/place to your path. If you want
to set your entire path, removing what was there before, just do the
following:

export PATH=/somewhere/else:/another/place

--
	jesse McCrosky
	mccrosky@ualberta.ca