YD post install problem

Subject: YD post install problem
From: Sergiy Berdnyk (leleka@ukr.net)
Date: Mon Jul 16 2001 - 06:57:43 MDT

Dear All,

I came on mac platform from PC. I used to work with linux there.
However I met the problem with linux on Power pc and I hardly
guess how shell I solve it myself. I did not find any answer in
newsgroups. :(
First I tried to install ppc linux. Everything worked perfectly,
however I could not switch on Mac Os easily because of
bootmanager feature in ppc distribution and I did not like
to boot Mac Os every time with CD. Now I'm trying YD
distribution. And this message is actually about YD :)

My hardware is Power book G4 titanium 128 Mb 10Gb
Partitions:
hda1 - unknown (question 1 =I did not see it please explaine why ?)
hda2-hda8 unknown ( question 2 = there are supposed to be disk drivers?)
hda9 hfs+ 4Gb
hda10 hfs+ ~2G
hda11 ext2 ~4Gb
hda12 boot manager hfs ~ 10Mb(question 3 =is not visible from mac os .
why?)
hda 13 linux swap ~256M

cat /proc/partitions displays correct information
fdisk (cfdisk) does not see any partition (question 4 =how does
anyone see that?)

Installation went perfectly.
Right after installation it refuses to boot because it is not able
to check root partition. I went into root shell and tried to check it
manually but the fsck did not work with signal 11.

I'd very appreciate any answer on any questions. Specifically
on the last one: question 5 = how would you recommend to fix the
linux/partitions/hardware/etc
to be able to work with it?

King regards,
Sergiy