Re: YD2.0 Airport not working

Subject: Re: YD2.0 Airport not working
From: Mark Jaffe (wizards@wizdev.net)
Date: Mon Jul 16 2001 - 20:23:24 MDT

On Tue, 17 Jul 2001 mpople@orbeng.com.au wrote:

> Hi list,
> I have performed a "everthing" install of 2.0 on my ibook2 i have veryfied
> that i do have the wireless tools installed
> and i have followed the instructions on
> www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/solutions/airport22.shtml
> but if i try to ping my base station i always get a destination unreachable
> ? it all seems to initalize ok but it just dosnt work
> any one had any experince with this ??

Yeah, there's another problem with YDL 2.0 networking; it does not want to
get an address from DHCP served by an AirPort base station, yet MacOS 9.1
has no problem with the same hardware (8500/G3 with ethernet connection
through hub to AirPort base connected via modem.)

Mark
Mark Jaffe | (408) 972-9638 (home)
Chief Wizard | (408) 807-1530 (cell/page/voicemail)
Computer Wizards | (425) 795-6421 (FAX)
wizards@wizdev.net | http://www.wizdev.net/