Re: ibook2 modem

Subject: Re: ibook2 modem
From: Graham Leggett (minfrin@sharp.fm)
Date: Tue Jul 17 2001 - 02:47:44 MDT

gideon wrote:

> Oh can SOMEONE tell me how I can get this bloody internal modem working.
> I'm on an ibook2 booting with yaboot. I managed to get X working but
> I've got no dialup
> the modem is recognized under ttyS0. But no matter what, no dial out.
> Any othe distoros
> work? I don't care about sound. But I need my modem. -thanks

What have you done so far to make it work? Without info we cannot really
help you.

Make sure your dialup program is trying to connect to the right device.
Usually there is a symbolic link called /dev/modem that points to your
modem device, in your case /dev/ttyS0.

Regards,
Graham

minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon