Re: Non Mozilla web browsers?

Subject: Re: Non Mozilla web browsers?
From: Graham Leggett (minfrin@sharp.fm)
Date: Wed Jul 18 2001 - 02:38:11 MDT

Patrick Callahan wrote:

> > It has no email component, nor IM, nor editors built-in. It will
> > do some file management stuff and FTP though.
>
> Why do e-mail and IM and editors have to be part of a browser?

Not part of - linked to. Pretty much all the email clients I've looked
at have fallen way short on completeness. I need something that can do
secure POP, secure IMAP, handle client certificates, handle multiple
email accounts, handle many thousands of messages in a sane way, and
display HTML mail properly (most of the clients I tried sucked at doing
this even though they said they could). Basically I need the features of
Outlook (but without the security flaws).

> I use k-mail, emacs and the telephone. ;-)

Does K-Mail support the above?

Regards,
Graham

minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon