PowerMac 5500/250 screen blanks after BootX

Subject: PowerMac 5500/250 screen blanks after BootX
From: cbrislain (cbrislain@telocity.com)
Date: Wed Jul 18 2001 - 10:48:00 MDT

I'm running a PowerMac 5500 (all in one model) and have yet to get the YDL
2.0 installer even begin. It worked fine with the 1.2 installer, using the
no video driver option, but under 2.0, it seems that whether I choose the
text only or the X installer, or any combination of the two with no video
driver checked, I get the same results: about 4 lines of text telling me it
is starting the installer (I can't seem to read it all because the screen
then turns off too quickly). I've left it running for a few hours while I
went away to do something just in case something might happen, but no luck.
I know many people are having problems with the 2.0 installer where the
Champion Server 1.2 worked fine, does anybody have a remedy for this
problem?

Cooper Brislain