RE: SMC Ethernet

Subject: RE: SMC Ethernet
From: Ruprecht, Chris (cruprech@compucom.com)
Date: Wed Jul 18 2001 - 14:29:49 MDT

Robert,

if it (Linux kernel) sees the cards (displays the correct MAC addresses
when you do a ifconfig {eth1|eth2}), then they are just not configured
correctly.

go to /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts and copy the ifcfg-eth0 for eth1
and 2.
then, you have to edit the new scripts to show the correct IP addresses
etc. Don't forget to change eth0 to eth1 and 2 respectively. Set them to
'onboot=yes', so it fires up the interface at boot time.
Now, reboot (and he was never seen again ;).

Good luck.
Chris