Re: YD2.0 install on PPC7500 - BootX Extension Unimplemented Trap

Subject: Re: YD2.0 install on PPC7500 - BootX Extension Unimplemented Trap
From: pete (pete@linuxfreemail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2001 - 17:10:54 MDT

Tae,

Try disabling the BootX extension, and use the BootX app exclusively. I've
never gotten the extension to work properly on my 7200/90. (Though it's
slightly different symptoms.) Anyway, the extension is not required - just a
convenient way to boot directly into Linux without intervention.

If you ever find a way to completely remove MacOS, I want to know! I've been
trying to do it with MiBoot, but with no success. It will boot into Linux
OK, but the keyboard mapping's all screwy.

-Pete