RE: NFS and DCOP

Subject: RE: NFS and DCOP
From: Timothy Schumacher (schumact@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2001 - 19:53:48 MDT

Well, it could be that, or (more likely) I just don't know how to set up
things correctly.
I'm trying to use NFS to mount server:/home to other machines and it mounts
fine at startup.
I would like to be able to have any user be able to log in at any machine
and have their KDE settings pulled off the server. What happens is when you
log in as root on any machine it works fine, but as a user you get a message
saying dcopserver can't read network filesystem and then you get get dumped
back to the log-in. Do I need to be using NIS in addition to NFS, or can
NFS do this?
Thanks again,
Tim