Re: YDL Instaltion Woes

Subject: Re: YDL Instaltion Woes
From: Luke V. Schneider (luke_schneider@targetdiscovery.com)
Date: Fri Jul 20 2001 - 08:18:10 MDT

I had exactly the same problem with a YDL install on a Powerbook G3. The
problem was too much memory (320 MB of RAM). I pulled the extra 256MB
expansion memory at YDL's request and the install worked perfectly. After the
install I put the memory back in. Another hint. You must allocate at least as
much space in the swap partition as you have RAM, and preferably 2-3X more. If
not, when YDL crashes, it overwrites both the root directory and the boot
partition. A real pain.

--
Dr. Luke V. Schneider
Chief Scientific Officer