Re: YDL Instaltion Woes

Subject: Re: YDL Instaltion Woes
From: Bruce Thompson (Bruce.Thompson@corp.palm.com)
Date: Fri Jul 20 2001 - 08:44:56 MDT

From:
>Dr. Luke V. Schneider

  [Snip]

>install I put the memory back in. Another hint. You must allocate
>at least as
>much space in the swap partition as you have RAM, and preferably
>2-3X more. If
>not, when YDL crashes, it overwrites both the root directory and the boot
>partition. A real pain.

Hi,
     More to the point, the 2.4 series of the kernel _require_ a
minimum of twice RAM allocated as SWAP. There has been some talk on
the kernel mailing list of removing this requirement I believe, but
the requirement is real for now. It's a good rule of thumb anyway.

        Cheers,
        Bruce.

Bruce Thompson		| "Pinkie! Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
Software Engineer		| "I think so Brain, but if they
called them Sad
Partner Engineering		|  Meals kids wouldn't buy them!"
Palm, Inc.