Re: yaboot.conf details for Triple Boot?

Subject: Re: yaboot.conf details for Triple Boot?
From: perry phillips (pm_perry@pacbell.net)
Date: Sat Jul 21 2001 - 00:36:29 MDT

Hi Ted,

Are you planning to boot to the individual partitions from Open
Firmware? It doesn't sound like your goal, but I think that would
work. (But Mac OS X will blow away the standard linux bootloader as
far as my experience goes--but maybe if it is in its own partition,
that won't happen?-- but I've had no luck with OF reset when the
bootloader gets knocked out.)

So you could, from OF, "boot hd:11,\\yaboot" for linux or "boot
hd:10,\\tbxi" for Mac OS X, etc. I think that will work. If you
succeed in getting your yaboot config file to do this, please tell
the list, I , for one, don't know how this could be done with that
file. But it sounds like you made some progress?

Why do I have the feeling that more info about this (and similar
problems) should be posted as part of some long YDL FAQ and/or HOWTO?
People on this list have come up with all sorts of clever solutions
to difficult technical problems and I don't get the sense that the
information is being assembled in a searchable database.

(to get the OF prompt: option +command+ "o" + "f" at restart).

regards,
perry