Re: YDL Instaltion Woes

Subject: Re: YDL Instaltion Woes
christopher.murtagh@mcgill.ca
Date: Sat Jul 21 2001 - 09:19:18 MDT

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Bruce Thompson wrote:
> More to the point, the 2.4 series of the kernel _require_ a minimum
>of twice RAM allocated as SWAP. There has been some talk on the kernel
>mailing list of removing this requirement I believe, but the requirement
>is real for now. It's a good rule of thumb anyway.

 Where did you read this? I have a machine running BenH's 2.4.6pre7 kernel
right now that has 512MB of RAM and a 128MB swap space. So far, it has
been running very well, even after I had 6 machines hit it as hard as they
could.

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh Webmaster / Sysadmin Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada