First Step question from pre-installed hard drive

Subject: First Step question from pre-installed hard drive
Crbremer@aol.com
Date: Sat Jul 21 2001 - 11:19:51 MDT

Hi:

I have installed the hard drive with YDL 2.0 pre-installed and I am stumped.
I cannot get to it.

I have a G4/450 (AGP) (New World ROM). I have read as much as I can about
installing and startup.

Here's what I've done/checked:

1. the jumper settings, interface, and power cables are correct with the
Linux drive (Maxtor DiamondMax) as the slave

2. I have removed my SCSI card (I read somewhere there was a conflict)

3. Under Apple System Profiler, the drive appears as ID=1, Hard drive, no
volumes mounted

4. It doesn't appear on the desktop, in start-up disk, or anywhere else I can
find

5. When I boot from the install CD, the only option I get is to install, but
since I paid for a drive with it pre-installed, I refuse to accept a clean
install as my only option. <g> My other CDs (Source and Tasty Morsels) do not
boot.

6. The only help I can find involves installing on a clean drive, not in
troubleshooting a pre-installed drive.

Has anyone else run into these problems? Can someone help me out? What is the
first step? Thanks in advance.

-Carolyn Bremer