Re: I have an iBook 2001, Why wont YDL See My Modem?

Subject: Re: I have an iBook 2001, Why wont YDL See My Modem?
From: Thomas Leonard (ike6116@mac.com)
Date: Sat Jul 21 2001 - 14:35:31 MDT

> Thomas Leonard wrote:
>
>> Yep it still tells me it cant find it
>
> What does your setup say about your modems during bootup - run this:
>
> dmesg | less
>
> And copy the info about the modem if it's there.
>
> Regards,
> Graham

Ok here is the only stuff I saw about a modem

ttyS0 at 0xd4804020 (irq=22) is a Z8530 ESCC (cobalt modem)
ttyS1 at 0xd480b000 (irq=23) is a Z8530 ESCC

Then way under that

There is a bunch of airport stuff (which im glad to see, its installed, how
do I tell it to tell the airport base station to dial)

Then at the bottom

PPP: version 2.3.7 (demand dialing)
PPP line dicipline registered

--