seeking linux-friendly hardware upgrade advice

Subject: seeking linux-friendly hardware upgrade advice
From: Dr. Alfonso F. Agnew (aagnew@mail.smu.edu)
Date: Sat Jul 21 2001 - 16:07:19 MDT

Hi,

1) I would like to upgrade the internal HD and processor of my
wallstreet2 266mhz 192mb pbg3. Does anybody have any
recommendations/experience/? that could help? I run linux and macos8.6
currently, and I would like to run ydl2/linuxppc2k and macosX,
preferably. I have come across a G3500mhz "blue chip" processor upgrade

for my pbg3. Any experience with this item out there?

2) Similarly, I will be receiving (AFAIK) a 400MHz 10gbhd powermac G4
AGP (10/100baseT, not GB ethernet) for my office. I think this is a
sawtooth? Anyways:

I will have a generous ability to upgrade. I would definitely like to
get a CDRW and a second internal HD and lots of ram. As with the pbg3,
I would like to run macosX and linux. Any advice/experience/? on what
to get and how best to configure? (e.g. different OS's on different
drives, etc)?

Much Appreciated!!!

Alfonso