Re: Mac On Linux question

Subject: Re: Mac On Linux question
From: Black (cpa@ece.cmu.edu)
Date: Sat Jul 21 2001 - 22:49:02 MDT

On Sat, 21 Jul 2001, Thomas Leonard wrote:

> > cp /mnt/macos/System Folder/"Mac OS ROM" /usr/lib/mol/rom/rom.nw
>
> IM also having trouble with this line and MOL, it tells me it copies stuff
> but /usr/lib/mol/rom/rom.nw is not a valid directory or something. So I
> look and /usr/lib/mol/rom/ is there but rom.nw isnt in there. I tried
> logging into Root and copying Mac OS ROM and putting it into the /mol/rom/
> folder and renaming it rom.nw but it didnšt work :-(

Yes, literally the line says take the file "Mac OD ROM" and make a copy
called rom.nw and place it in /usr/lib/mol/rom. The line above assumes, of
course, that /mnt/macos/System Folder actually points to your System
Folder (and be careful of that space there as well...).

So, manually getting your Mac OS ROM file from your system folder and
putting a copy in /usr/lib/mol/rom and renaming it rom.nw is exactly the
right thing to do. So, how did it not work? Did you not manage to make a
renamed copy? or did MOL fail to just work once you did ? If the later,
would happened? Where did it fail? it is hard to tell without more
description, but I actually doubt it is the ROM file if you did the
above...

-Christopher