Re: Airport and YDL

Subject: Re: Airport and YDL
From: John Canning (john@pcc.com )
Date: Sat Jul 21 2001 - 23:35:08 MDT

On Fri Jul 20 17:28:29 2001 Thomas Leonard wrote:

> Ok I got YDL installed, and I was told that I could use Airport with YDL and
> you can but the how to on their site assumes you're using the ethernet port
> and not the modem. I have my base station all configures all I need to know
> is how to make linux see it and be able to make the base station dial and
> use the connection

Hi Thomas -

For now, I would configure your airport base station under Mac OS.
Once you have done that, you can follow the YDL instructions. It's the
configuration of the base station that deals with using the modem;
not the operating system.

Once you have all of this up and running and are more comfortable with
YDL, you should look for the Linux Airport Admin software. I am far
away from all of my Linux notes, so I can't point you in the right
direction except to say that there is a very good tool, written in
Java, that will handle the administration of your base station.

John