Re: YD2.0 Airport not working

Subject: Re: YD2.0 Airport not working
From: John Canning (john@pcc.com )
Date: Sat Jul 21 2001 - 23:39:06 MDT

On Mon Jul 16 22:23:24 2001 Mark Jaffe wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Jul 2001 mpople@orbeng.com.au wrote:
>
> > Hi list,
> > I have performed a "everthing" install of 2.0 on my ibook2 i have veryfied
> > that i do have the wireless tools installed
> > and i have followed the instructions on
> > www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/solutions/airport22.shtml
> > but if i try to ping my base station i always get a destination unreachable
> > ? it all seems to initalize ok but it just dosnt work
> > any one had any experince with this ??
>
> Yeah, there's another problem with YDL 2.0 networking; it does not want to
> get an address from DHCP served by an AirPort base station, yet MacOS 9.1
> has no problem with the same hardware (8500/G3 with ethernet connection
> through hub to AirPort base connected via modem.)

Hi Mark -

I have had no trouble getting an IP address assigned under YDL, while I
do sometimes have trouble under Mac OS 9.1. Interesting...

I was going to suggest that mopople run the iwconfig command and
share with us the results. This is what allowed me to debug my initial
setup (and which made me realize that I had entered the encrypted
key incorrectly).

John