More installation issues

Subject: More installation issues
From: John Norair (splinemodel@mac.com)
Date: Sat Jul 21 2001 - 23:49:04 MDT

I've read most of the messages regarding installation difficulty, but I
haven't seen one posing my question. When try to install, I get a
segmentation fault at the end of the installation. OK, so I presumed
everything was OK since I apparently set up everything before I got the
segmentation fault.

When I boot up, everything seems OK except that sda7 fails to mount,
which I believe is my bootloader. Shouldn't be an issue though, since
I'm on a 7500 with bootx. I'm pretty sure that my swap is on 8.

Next, I am given access when I log in. Cool. It's Bash. At this point
I'm wondering if I did or didn't select the developer package with
kde/gnome. Since I've never used linux with a gui before, I'm kind of
at a loss in what I should be looking for or doing. I don't even know
if everything is set up or not.

Any help or tips would be great,
Thanks,
John Norair