RE: Question: How to change monitor settings using Xconfigurator/Xautoconfig

Subject: RE: Question: How to change monitor settings using Xconfigurator/Xautoconfig
From: Tom Piotrowski (tompio@airmail.net)
Date: Sun Jul 22 2001 - 11:03:46 MDT

Hi Jack,
Sorry this isn't a complete answer but it may help:

Do: man rpm
that will show query options for the Red Hat Package Manager.

Then do: rpm -q --whatprovides Xautoconfigurator
that will show "yi-1.0.1-3"

Then do: rpm -qi yi
that will show that yi is the YDL installer and you have it on your
system.

So, now do: whereis Xconfigurator
that will show /usr/X11R6/bin/Xconfigurator /usr/bin/X11/Xconfigurator

Then just run that Xconfigurator in one of those paths i.e.
Do: /usr/bin/X11/Xconfigurator

If you really mess up and have to reboot etc, on the boot
screen put "init=runlevel : 3" to keep from automatically starting X.

Good Luck and you have my deepest sympathies as I went through
these machinations a month ago :-)

tom