Re: Question: How to change monitor settings using Xconfigurator/Xautoconfig

Subject: Re: Question: How to change monitor settings using Xconfigurator/Xautoconfig
From: Andrs Wagner (burrano@mac.com)
Date: Sun Jul 22 2001 - 13:34:43 MDT

Ok, follow me:

In terminal as root run Xautonconfig4 or Xuatoconfig-4 (don't remember). Now
edit the file in the /etc/X11/ dir. It may have a name like Xconfig bla bla
bla. Now go near the end where a lots of resolution detail appears, like

1024x768
16
.
.
.
1024x768
24

Ok, now change this values to the resolution you need (keep in mind to write
a resolution supported by your machine). 1024*768 is a very good option in
the ibook.

Finally, look before all this resolution info, there is a "DefaultDepth 8",
change it to 24 to have Millions of Colors. This work on my iMac Summer
2000 and on an iBook 2001.

--
Andrés Wagner Acuña

"Había nacido cuando cambiaban los tiempos, y los tiempos iban a cambiar de nuevo. Los presagios se hallaban en el viento de esa apacible noche..."