Has anyone got IP over Ethertalk to work?

Subject: Has anyone got IP over Ethertalk to work?
From: Iain Stevenson (iain@iainstevenson.com)
Date: Sun Jul 22 2001 - 15:25:39 MDT

I want to run an IP server on a Mac at the end of an AppleTalk (LocalTalk)
network and access it from my Linux server. I have a bridge from LocalTalk
to the Ethernet segment used by my Linux server.

So, the Mac hosting the server is using MacIP. I've tried using MacGated (a
front end for ipddp) to set up a route from the Linux side to AppleTalk but
haven't had much luck yet. Has anyone else tried this? Will it work with a
2.4.7 kernel? ....

  Iain