pap/netatalk problem

Subject: pap/netatalk problem
From: Ron Hale-Evans (rwhe@ludism.org)
Date: Sun Jul 22 2001 - 21:47:09 MDT

Hi--

I just installed Yellow Dog 2.0 on my iMac rev. B yesterday. Things
are swimming; I can access the Web over DSL, play MP3s from CD, etc.
Mostly an incredibly simple installation.

One problem: I am trying to print to a GCC BLP IIS PostScript printer
using netatalk. This works fine on my Debian potato box (Intel), but
when I do

  pap -p PoorRichard:LaserWriter@* test.ps

under Yellow Dog, I get this message:

  Trying <blah blah> ...
  status: Idle
  Connected to PoorRichard:LaserWriter@*.
  Bad status response!

Amazingly, Google returns only two hits for "bad status response".
One is the code to netatalk itself, and one is from LINUX-ATALK
Digest, wherein someone with the same problem is advised to try
rebooting his computer and printer. I have.

Can anyone help?

Thanks...

--
    Ron's Info Closet: Center for Ludic Synergy, Kennexions Glass Bead Game,