Kernel Compiling & Lombard IrDA question:

Subject: Kernel Compiling & Lombard IrDA question:
From: Nathan Buck (nathb@efn.org)
Date: Sun Jul 22 2001 - 21:58:54 MDT

   Got me a Lombard G3 PB and a heavily custom loaded YDL-2.0 install on
my hands and I've started poking around with kernel compiles and I found
something that really make me happy to see:

        I have an Agenda VR3d handheld and have been unable to communicate with
it from my lombard due to a severe lacking of serial ports. I've
thought that it was possible but am just not quite understanding the
details enough to figure out how to enable me to connect to my little
handheld.

        Having seen options for IrDA in the kernel config but not wanting to
spend 4 days compiling random guesses, has anyone had any luck/know the
magic combination to get an IrDA Serial port setup on a lombard?

        I can't imagine I'm the only one. I also have a Palm usb to serial cable
but I'm not sure how to get that working as a serial port under linux
either, if it is even possible.

        Any links to docs, newgroups posts, etc?

thanks - nate.