Re: External SCSI Zip drive

Subject: Re: External SCSI Zip drive
From: Iain Stevenson (iain@IainStevenson.com)
Date: Mon Jul 23 2001 - 03:36:12 MDT

The line in /etc/fstab for the zip drive would look something like this:

/dev/sda /mnt/zip ext2 noauto,user 0 0

The "noauto" stops linux from trying to mount the zip disk at startup (which
would fail with no disc in the drive). The "user" allows any user, not just
root, to mount the disk. You clearly wouldn't want this option for the
system partitions but it's handy for removables.

  Iain